The "Gap" and Our 100% Offer
How does an owner narrow the gap to sell at the optimal price? Part of our job is getting an owner from point “A” today to a future point “B”, which might be a clean sale at an optimal price. This is gap management. A difficult part of an exit or succession strategy is knowing when to start the process of preparing to leave. This is why we created a 100% guaranteed offer designed to eliminate the risk of an owner from paying for a process unless they see the value in it.
Our 100% guaranteed offer is our Value Driver Analysis
This process is a session we walk an owner through that:
- Sets strategic objectives
- Quantifies a company's resources
- Identifies specific areas in the business to focus on to close the gap
Why a guarantee? We feel we need to take some risk to ensure we are a good fit for their business. The details of the guarantee are simple. There is a fee to conduct the Value Driver Analysis. We do not ask for a retainer so our client controls the cash. If for any reason they are unhappy with our process or the results we will not charge them. If we cannot get an owner to see our value during the Value Driver Analysis then it’s not a good fit for either of us. We are confident our approach works so to us our risk is minimal.
These questions will help understand what’s involved in closing the gap:
- What quality of life do you want post-sale?
- How long do you need to remain in the business before selling?
- Have you conducted any post-retirement income planning?
- What kind of cash flow do you need?
- Can you build the business value to a higher level?
- What value drivers exist within the business?
- Do you have reasonable, set goals in place to make this happen?
Where to start? We recommend a confidential ten minute phone call to have a preliminary discussion. If that call goes well we can go right into the Value Driver Analysis offer or set a time to meet to discuss your needs in more detail. To schedule a call please contact:
Dan O’Brien, CExP, CPA, CFP, JD
781.410.2300 or email@example.com